Saturday, January 15, 2011

Purely Decadent Ice Cream (or non-dairy frozen dessert)

I found a new reason to live...

Or at least survive while I am being a vegan.

Purely Decadent line of coconut milk non-dairy frozen desserts.


And yes, it is purely decadent!  

The one I bought & tried was the cookie dough (as you can see above), & it is not only dairy-free, but the cookie dough is also gluten-free, & of course egg-free.  The only allergens present are soy & coconut, but coconut is typically not a very common allergen.  

They also have soy-free versions available, & I have tried the chocolate, which is soy & dairy-free, but it is nothing compared to this cookie dough, at least in my opinion.  it also has ribbons of dark chocolate, which is awesome, melt-in-your-mouth wonderfulness.

The parent company is Turtle Mountain http://www.turtlemountain.com/, and they also make coconut milk & yogurts, which are ALL dairy-free.  They very thoughtfully list the ingredient that is "free" on the lid, so it makes it easy to choose what you are looking for.  

I think even if I wasn't avoiding milk & eggs right now, I would still eat it, because it is yummilicious!  

I found this ice cream at HEB, but it is also available at Kroger, & I'm sure many other locations.  

Give it a try!  I'm going to go back & eat my ice cream right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment